Monday, 2 January 2012

Welcome 2012.....

Happy New Year everyone.

Well 2011 came to a very quiet close, I am not one to stay up and see the new year just for the sake of it.....too old for that stuff. So was a very quiet one in our household, but a good one all the same.

As with everyone else out there, I guess I have a few goals for 2012 (I wouldn't call them resolutions). You know when you feel the time is right for something. You might have been trying all your life to achieve something but unless the time is right, it doesn't happen. Well, that is the feeling I get for 2012. The time is right to achieve something this year.

So, here are a few of my goals for this year:

  • Bust my stash. I have a lot of fabric, and other crafting items. It is time to actually use what I have instead of buying something new. I admit, there are going to be times when projects call for "new" but for the main part, I am going to "Bust my stash".
  • Finish a lot of UFO's. I have a few UFO's that I would like to get finished this year. There is one special cross-stitch to be finished, and a few knitting projects to tidy up. There is also a few sewing projects that have been moved to the side towards the end of 2011, they are at the top of the list for 2012.
  • Actually get my ideas down on paper and act upon them. I have many ideas, just need to actually take the bull by the horns and get stuck into them. Keep watching this space.
  • Be organised. This is a biggy for me. I am a fairly organised person, but would like to be more organised to stop wasting time. Don't get me wrong, some days it is good to just waste time and relax, but other days I need to be getting things done, and without an organised list, I tend to just dilly dally around.
  • And I am sure there are a lot more......wondering around inside my head at the moment waiting for their time to surface.
So, join me in 2012 with some great projects coming this way.

What are your goals/resolutions for this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shall look forward to seeing your progress through 2012. Good luck & happy new year