Sunday, 8 January 2012

Busy few days sewing....

I have had the luxury of being able to sew for the last few days. I say luxury, as I have my husband and son home for christmas holidays still, so to be able to spend some quality time in my craft room, just me and my sewing machine, is a luxury hard to come by at the moment.

At the end of 2011 I was super busy with my work so had hardly any personal sewing time. I work doing transcription work from home, and I also do sewing alterations for my local community. Just when I thought I was getting ontop of things a new typing assignment came in, or someone dropped off a pile of clothes to be mended.

So this week, I have spent three whole days catching up on last years work. I will blog about them all separately over the next few days, but for now, just to let you all know, I have made four pairs of pyjamas for my little boy, completed 5 outstanding blocks for my Sew Mama Sew Modern Quilt Block of the Month, and nearly completed Month one of another (mystery) Quilt-a-long I am doing through Gourmet Quilter.

I am feeling so rejuvinated now that I have caught up on everything. Also, I have finally finished the whole rearrangement/organisation/tidy up of my craft room. Ready for 2012.

And since it is Sunday, a note to let you know that "Storage Sunday" will resume next week (now that I have some new ideas and have cleaned up).

What has everyone else been up to this week?

No comments: